Project Templates

AlexTumber

The latest Hornbill Project Manager update (131) brings with it the ability for project administrator's to define templates that can be used when creating projects in progressive capture. These templates can be configured in the Hornbill Admin Tool.

For the first phase of this feature it is possible to define project details including the project type and business process as well as associated milestones and project stakeholders. In future updates we will be adding the ability to associate tasks, costs and risks, as well as additional fields and related data. We look forward to receiving your feedback on this new feature :-)

Alex

Project Templates in the admin tool:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.16.48.png

Defining template details:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.17.00.png

Associated template milestones:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.17.14.png

Associated template stakeholders:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.17.28.png

Adding a new milestone:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.30.53.png

Adding a new template stakeholder:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.31.51.png

In progressive capture:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.32.41.png

I should add that data provided during progressive capture such as project name and description will override whatever is defined for the corresponding piece of data in the project template. So for example, you could provide a generic description in your project template and leave the field blank when completing the progressive capture and it will pick up the value from the template; but if you provide a value in the progressive capture, it will use that instead. 

@alextumber The Project Template is a good step forward but I am not a fan of how the Project details are being dealt with. If I have a project description maintained in my template I would expect that to be proposed as a description in the progressive capture and any changes or overwriting of the description would override the content of the template. To simply leave the description blank in the progressive capture seems counterintuitive.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...