Project total Time

Keith

Need an easy way to see the Total Time spent on a project. 

It may well be that we wouldn't want to use the granularity of activities and their associated recorded time. Would be great to have an ability to from within my timesheet to allocate my time directly to a project.

Keith

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any news on this. I am re-evaluating PM and this is still my main issue for not moving forward. We may need to make a decision on a project tool of choice soon.

In order to book time for a project do I need to have a task?

Yes, that would be preferable. Essentially I just want to be able to book time to the project i.e. 5 ours this week, or a number of hours on a specific day. 

If I did have a task and entered time which spanned multiple days would it count calendar hours or somehow determine business hours?

As a side note - I am struggling to enter any time in a task I have created. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? clicking Add does nothing.

image.png

• Like 1

Ok thanks, I'll feed this back to our product and development teams.

Currently there is no concept of business hours and any time entered does not count against calendars. It literally takes the start and the end time and works out how long has elapsed in between.

Regarding the issue of recording time, you need to select a project stakeholder to attribute the time against.

Alex

@alextumber I was trying to choose a stakeholder but it would not let me. At this time I was the only stakeholder for the project. 

I added a second stakeholder and then could choose myself. Is this a bug?

Is there anyway to delete a time entry against a task? I can envisage people entering time incorrectly and needing to amend.

@Keith that does sound like a bug. I will ask our development team to have a look at that.

Currently there is no way to remove recorded time entries against tasks. It's simple enough to introduce, but the reason I believe we've held off doing it is because of a design question around who should have the rights to remove recorded time. It seems obvious to restrict this to the project manager so I will ask the question internally. When this ability does appear, I imagine it will be accessible via the Project Resource >> Recorded Time popup view.

Alex

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 12.19.43.png

@Keith no problem at all. The more questions the merrier!

There is nothing in the project portfolio to show total time per project, that's not to say that it can't be added as a new feature though.

One of the features that we are working on for Project Manager is the concept of in-app reporting (the same as in Service Manager). I envisage that one of the standard reports that we will ship will cover project time spent, and by the sounds of things, this will give you what you are after.

Alex 

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 12.32.23.png