FAQ change request

Keith

I'm in the process of setting up a lot of FAQ's within a service and noticed a couple of things I'd like to see improved.

1. Can you expand the question text to show more. I'm really struggling to see what each FAQ is about when I have a lot of them

2. Could you improve the formatting features to include the use of colour

Thanks for considering.

Keith

We're limited to simple formatting like bold and italics right now but I'll request the ability the add colour from the development team... Not entirely sure if it's a good idea because it could ruin the intended colour scheme, but it's not a bad thing to have for other areas of the product :)

As for expanding more, could you let us know which area of the product you're talking about? The FAQs are collapsed by default in the portals and opening one reveals all of the content.

@Chaz,

I was referring to the Services > FAQ tab, where the FAQ's are actually maintained. If you look at the screenshot below you will hopefully appreciate that the limited Question test makes it very difficult to understand what the FAQ is about. This results in you having to unnecessarily click in and out of each FAQ to find the correct one.

Another issue that I didn't mention previously is that there is nothing obvious in the screen to indicate there are more FAQ's than I am seeing in the screenshot. The scroll bars only appear if you attempt to scroll , but you would have to know there are more records to scroll to. I would think that you should either be able to see the scroll bars or have tabbed page with a limited number of records in each tab.

With regards colour, this was purely for asthetics when formatting the FAQ. I can understand how in the portal this may conflict with the theme.

Regards

Keith

FAQ's.jpg

3 hours ago, Daniel Dekel said:

@Keith can you provide more info about why do you need colour in the WiKi? I was thinking on adding options like <important>some text</important> or <warning>...</warning> that will translate in to text colour and will stand up to our colour scheme. What do you think?

Daniel.

Hi Daniel, I'm not sure what you mean by Wiki in this instance. I was referring to the dialogue box when creating/maintaining an FAQ. Colour options would be useful purely to make the FAQ more appealing or easier to read. This is a not a critical requirement, so don't waste too much development effort on it.

Regards

Keith