Mark as read

gwynne

Hello,

Can you make the mark as read on the emails more obvious, it's hardly noticeable and we still get duplicate tickets raised? Alongside this can it be an automatic function which can be enabled/disabled in settings so when someone actually reads the mail it sets it to read

Hi @gwynne

Thanks for your post.  The unread marker used in Hornbill was based off of many of the standard email clients that we see today.  Here is an unread email in Windows Mail with the same blue strip...

image.png

We chose this as we thought that it would be commonly recognized as it is seen in other email apps.  Did you have any particular ideas on what you would like to see?

For the automatic setting of an email to being marked as read  when someone has looked at the email, I believe that we may have had something like this at one point but some feedback suggested it was problematic in a Shared Mailbox when you have many people looking at the same mailbox.  Accidental setting an email as read when one user spends too long on one email as they browse through the list might cause users to believe that someone has actual read the email.  The manual setting of the Read ensures that someone has fully read the email and made that step to mark it as read.  I will ask and see if this is something that will be revisited as a feature in the future.

Regards,

James

Just to mention as well that emails will automatically be set to Read when they are manually processed as a request using the Raise New Request option.  We will look at other ideas to help prevent the raising of duplicate requests for situations where you have two or more users looking at the same email.  I'm not sure if it is possible, but it would be nice to be able to disable the Raise Request option on an email if someone else has already clicked on the button.

Regards,

James