Automatic Hornbill Notifications

Michael Sharp

Hi @Michael Sharp are you looking for the ability to @ mention via a business process?  is so this is not currently available.  However what you could do is the following:

Add the specific person as a Request Member through the following business process option

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 08.08.18.png

The user will by default get a Hornbill notification letting them know they have been added as a member to the the request, this approach is only feasible if you are referring to a user who is a support colleague who has rights to the Service Manager app and can click on their notification link and be taken to the request where they have been added as a member. 

The other option is to add users as Connections Via the business process, and then use the business process options to email the connection type with a message.

Hopefully these might provide you with some options

Steve

18 minutes ago, Steven Boardman said:

Hi @Michael Sharp are you looking for the ability to @ mention via a business process?  is so this is not currently available.  However what you could do is the following:

Add the specific person as a Request Member through the following business process option

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 08.08.18.png

The user will by default get a Hornbill notification letting them know they have been added as a member to the the request, this approach is only feasible if you are referring to a user who is a support colleague who has rights to the Service Manager app and can click on their notification link and be taken to the request where they have been added as a member. 

The other option is to add users as Connections Via the business process, and then use the business process options to email the connection type with a message.

Hopefully these might provide you with some options

Steve

Thanks for this @Steven Boardman, we're trying to move away from email as I don't think it's an efficient mechanism for production.  Will try the Request Member function in the meantime but would have been nice to have the @mention function available.

Regards,

Mike.

Thanks @Michael Sharp that makes sense, i would see how you get on with the members option as this has a few benefits:

1. You will get a hornbill notification that you have been added

2. You can see all requests you are mentioned in from the request list using the default list filter

3. You can build your own views using the Member parameter when building your own custom views on the request list 

4. The member feature acts as a way of elevating the users rights to view the request, if it is not one when the user supports via their team memberships and services they support

I use this exact example where i add the service desk manager to all requests which are logged as major incidents, so they get notified, can view them and have custom views on the request list to view all those which they are a member of.

Let us know how you get on 

It would be better/more structured to create a new BPM node that can Notify a person, the request owner, the request assignee etc.. @ mentions are partially client-side, partially server-side, so any implementation of this in the BPM would be ugly and esoteric and not in keeping with the "no programming/coding in BPM" mantra. I have made this point on our internal workspace also

Gerry