email not updating to calls

yelyah.nodrog

Afternoon,

We have a 3rd party printer support contract with Xerox, so I have created a BPM and Pro cap that creates a email to Xerox with the iformation they need, Xerox then reply to the email with our reference number in the subject box of the email, these should then pull into the relevant call and update. However they are not doing this... as you can see from the screenshot - the subject clearly has the correct Call ref in it:

siubject.PNG.3826dd207d1878c059f0ecd21547b039.PNG

as you can see from the timeline of the call...no email has pulled in:

timeline.thumb.PNG.378167a136f325ae018662a5a5141fcd.PNG

This is the routing rule I am using:

xeroxcapture.thumb.PNG.98110aee268df0c2be525f56972cca2e.PNG

Can anyone advise?

Hayley.

Hey Victor, thanks for speedy reply!

It was deffo working before as far as I am aware, as it has been doing it until now? I will give the incident one a try....but what about if its a service request?

Do I need to create a duplicate one for with logOrUpdateServiceRequest?

Hayley.

also... is this going to start logging calls automatically? as we don't want that...

1 hour ago, yelyah.nodrog said:

Do I need to create a duplicate one for with logOrUpdateServiceRequest?

Yes

is this going to start logging calls automatically?

Only if the REGEX mask in "Reference" filed is not finding a match...

This doesn't really answer my other questions?

I do apologise, you are right, I should have answered these :( ... Before making any changes though, let me have a look and see why exactly "Update Request" failed to make sure using the other operations is the way forward...

I have the same problem but use (SR|sr)[0-9]{8} or (IN|in)[0-9]{8} for reference and Rule expression depending on type of call.

I have tried using both REGEX_MATCH(subject, .*(IN|in)[0-9]{8}.*) and REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*(IN|in)[0-9]{8}.*')

That's with and withoute single quote

Our autoresponder has stopped updating tickets too - around the same time (approx last visible update 26 Oct 2017 9:01 AM).

This is serious as we get customers replying to our updates via email and we are a portal only channel.

Nasim

@yelyah.nodrog the reason why AR is not working for the Xerox emails is that you have this setting turned off:

Capture.PNG

I assume you don't have a contact or user with Xerox email address so this is why the request is not updated with the email from them... by the way updateRequest operation works fine so ignore my previous statement where I suggested it might not work properly. It does.

• Thanks 1

@HHH @yelyah.nodrog so, just to clarify this a bit:

You can have only update on requests by using updateRequest operation. Upon looking it this in bit more detail I can confirm that as long as is configured correctly it should work correctly as intended.

You can have both update or log new request by using logOrUpdateIncident or logOrUpdateServicerRquest. This will log or update depending if the pattern in Reference filed is matched. So you could use these operations for an update as well but if you want purely update then use updateRequest.

@yelyah.nodrog is not about the rule is the setting. So, this setting allows or prevents auto responder to process emails from a sender which does not exist in the system (either as a contact or as a user/co-worker). If the update request worked, it could have been because the sender exists in your instance. When Xerox sent the email, because it most likely did not exist in your system, it did not apply the update...

So to have the emails from Xerox processed by AR and applied to request you have these two options:
- enable the setting (which I understand you did);
- keep the setting disabled but then add Xerox as a contact in your instance.