Working Time Calendars

Giuseppe Iannacone

Hi Everybody,

We have a global Service Desk Team, working in different time zones. At the current stage we have not yet deployed any service with an SLA, but soon we will. I understood that the SLA might be linked to a specific Working Time Calendars as described in another post (https://forums.hornbill.com/topic/9868-work-time-calendars/?tab=comments#comment-46216). We are also using the 2 stage closure which i understood is in some way using a Calendar; let me also say that potentially our teams and customers will work under this calendar:

image.png.92191284c9c620b9748dac5b7f239f78.png

so my questions are:

1. in which way the Service Manager uses the Working Time Calendars and which relationships we have between Teams' Site/Customer's Site

2. when the Service Manager uses the "ServiceDeskDefaultCalendar" and the "FeedbackCalendar"

3. assuming that we well create additional working time calendar for each time zone we have in our enviroment (see the picture above), how this will be used by the Service Manager from a general point of view and how the 2 stages closure will use those calendars and in which relationship with the Teams' Site or /Customers' Site (if any relationship exist)

Thank you!

@Giuseppe

We are in the process of implementing different SLA's for a different customer using different Timezones/Working Time Calendars. You need to use the newer Service Level Management options, rather than the basic SLA option.

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Structure_Service_Level_Management

You can then assemble a SLA which relates to a Working Time Calendar and assign the SLA to a Service. A Service can have many SLA assigned to it and you use the rules at the Service Level to determine what SLA gets used when a request is logged for that service by a particular customer. In our case, we then use the rules at the SLA level to map what priority they have selected in the Progressive Capture/BPM to determine which 'Service Level' within the specific 'Service Level Agreement' to assign to the request when you start the timers in the BPM.

You do not link the SLA to the teams, only the service and use the rule to map the service level based on the customer and other variable capture when the request is logged. Thereby each request has its own specific SLA/Service Level associated with it.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

Thank you, this clarifies better the SLA Topic.

It's still not answered from my point of view the question 2 and 3

On 10/25/2017 at 11:35 PM, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

2. when the Service Manager uses the "ServiceDeskDefaultCalendar" and the "FeedbackCalendar"

3. assuming that we well create additional working time calendar for each time zone we have in our enviroment (see the picture above), how this will be used by the Service Manager from a general point of view and how the 2 stages closure will use those calendars and in which relationship with the Teams' Site or /Customers' Site (if any relationship exist)

Thank you!

@Giuseppe Iannacone

The ServiceDeskDefaultCalendar has to remain and is used when you use the original SLA setup and is applied by default to all non SLM setup services where you use the Response/Resolution Timer. I believe the FeedbackCalendar is used to determine how long a user have the option to provide feedback on a closed request taking into account non-working days, bank holidays etc, but perhaps someone from Hornbill can confirm.

In terms of question 3, the main concept you need to start is that Service Level Agreements and SLA's apply only to requests, not teams. Therefore the same is for Working Time Calendars, which you would be better thinking of as the hours the SLA operate rather than anything the links to the team working pattern.

When you start a timer in the BPM with SLM setup, you do not specify a SLA, this is selected for you. The node will first apply the SLM rules set at the Service Level (i.e. only apply to this specific service) and then the rules at the SLA level (which apply to all Services link to the common SLA). Once these rules have been applied the request will be linked to a 'Service Level'  within a 'Service Level Agreement', which also links to the working time calendar used in the calculation of the Response and Resolution targets.

It does take a bit of getting used to, but it best to think about it about what are you committed to doing at a service level, rather than at a resource/people level.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Martyn