Customised form info in business process

aw2215

Hi there,

In our progressive capture form for Change management we have a customised form to capture impact and urgency.

What I want to do is use the information captured for impact and urgency to then determine the priority of the change via decisions in the business process. Like a prioritisation matrix.

Is there a way I can base a decision in our business workflow on the information captured from customised form in progressive capture?

Hi @aw2215

Thanks for your post.

In your BPM workflow you should be able to use the decision nodes to determine a priority to be set.  If you have the capturing of the impact and urgency in the Progressive Capture mapped to store this in the Impact and Urgency fields,  in your BPM workflow you would start with using the ''Get Request Details' operation to make the information about the impact and urgency available to the workflow.  You can then create your decision nodes with Custom Expressions where you can build the criteria for setting each priority level.

Decision nodes can only have 3 exit points, so you may find that you have to have a number of nested decision nodes to cover all of the scenarios.  
image.png

There is a lot of flexibility on how you define your exit points.  You may prefer to have an initial exit on just the impact where you just check the impact level as the first decision, and then after that each branch would then check the urgency.  Or you can you can check a combination of Impact and Urgency using the AND option as I have done in the screenshot.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for and if it helps.

Regards,

James

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for this.

In your example in the custom expression you have Flowcodes->GetRequestDetails->Impact, which is what I have setup. The problem I have is that in the progressive capture form I've had to created a customised form to capture the impact and urgency as this is not out the box!

So are you saying there is a way to map the information captured in my customised form fld_impact and fld_Urgency to the Flowcodes->GetRequestDetails->Impact and Flowcodes->GetRequestDetails->urgency?

workflow.jpg

Hi @aw2215

I need to have a closer look at the abilities with the mapping.  I had thought that you could map to h_impact and h_urgency which are two available fields on a request.  After doing a test, I'm now not sure if this is the case.  I'll let you know if I find a way to do this.  If I can't we can see what options we can add to make this possible.

Regards,

James