Issue with adding organization when importing contacts

mojahidm

Hi,

We're trying to import our contacts into ITSM. We've done a test trial and can successfully import the logon_id; firstname; lastname; email_1 and country. However, when we try to import the organization, it fails. Nothing is written as shown below:

Screenshot 1

image.thumb.png.39fda0b8c22264b043b3097326493a30.png

Screenshot 2

image.thumb.png.c21a6e49c4b26a2d160abc673a4a9d42.png

The first screenshot is of the csv file that we used. We expected to see 'PIKI' in the second screenshot under the 'Organisation' field. We have tried using Organisation as the header, as well as trying organization_id, ensuring to amend the conf.json file when we tested.

Below is the current setup of the conf.json file

image.png.17fd3de692848ff0ac64fd74547d974b.png (Inserted as Screenshot as it takes less space then text)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if there is any other information that is required.

Many thanks,

Mojahid

image.png

@mojahidm

Okay Test 6 seems to be the most correct, but I suspect that the bit that is missing is the records in h_sys_org_contacts. Do you have a record in h_sys_org_contacts where the h_organization_id=14 and the  h_contact_id=41?

I thinking that the Organisation field in the contact display is calculated based on the relationship and not the actual value of h_company in the contact table.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

I checked and there isn't...

I checked against my customer id (Which was manually entered in and does have the organisation field showing) and can see that there is a Organization ID and Contact ID for myself... I think that is it, but how would we get the relationship set up? Is it something that can be done using the contact import method that we're using?

kind regards,

Mojahid

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @mojahidm and @Martyn Houghton

My apologies for the delayed response in getting back to you both. 

Martyn you are correct - there has been a missing association to the h_sys_org_contacts in the contact import utility, and this is why the Organisation was not show on the contacts list.

I believe that this has now been resolved in the latest version of the contact utility (1.0.1) which can be downloaded here

Please could you give this one a try and see if this correctly associates the company as expected?

Kind Regards

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Bob Dickinson and @Martyn Houghton

Just a follow up question to this; we've managed to get some test customers imported into the system, but we realised that we also needed to bulk import password, LoginID and associate to the correct portal access. Is there anyway of doing this using the contact utility or is there another tool that can be used....

kind regards,

Mojahid

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 6:15 PM, Martyn Houghton said:

@mojahidm

At the moment I do not think you can do this via a user accessible tool/process. I know this step had to be done by Hornbill for us in the initial Switch On Service but is something we will need the ability to do ourselves as well, as we merge in other Service Desks.

Cheers

Martyn

@Hornbill Staff

Are there any plans to allow portal access and passwords to be done in bulk? We have over 1500 external customers in the pipline and the way it's done now will be a massive workload.

• Like 1