Some questions/queries around emails

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

I have a number of questions around Emails:

1- Has there been any thought put into emails being able to open in a separate window like in Outlook?  My colleagues have received emails with images inside where they have had to scroll left to right to be able to see the whole image which they are finding rather annoying and have asked if this is something that can be done.

2 - Scrolling - I don't find it very easy sometimes to scroll back through emails.  I can get to the bottom of list that's displayed on screen and then it can take a little while for the scroll button to move and allow me to scroll down further.  It can then sometimes jump a number of days and it's not very easy.

3 - New Contact - This is a nice new feature but my colleagues are finding it a little annoying that it doesn't copy any of the information (such as email address) when creating it from an email (e.g new external supplier).  I'd be interested in your views to this please.

Thanks

Tina

Hi @Tina.Lapere,

Answering to your questions... 

1. There is an option to open the email in a full window. Hover over the email and click on the icon as in the picture

image.png

2. I understand what you mean with scrolling, but technically, in a web page this is much more efficient because it can't load all the emails. So it loads a number of these and when you scroll, it loads more.

We are looking in to adding better filtering and that could improve the experience.

3. This is when raising a new request, right? I'm checking this with the Service Manger team. Will come back to you when have some answers.

Thanks,

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Tina.Lapere

Once you have added a new contact in PC, you can view their attributes in the righthandside for the rest of the logging process.

image.png

You can choose which attributes to show in this PC config under the customer search form you can add the attributes you need.

image.png

So as you progress through the logging process this info will remain and you can click on the righthandside to reveal the info when your further through the process if needed:

image.png

Let me know if you were referring to something else?

Thanks

Steve

@Steven Boardman - It's really the step before this what we are struggling with.

So an email comes in from a new external contact and you click Raise Request, the screen changes to the Create New Request (and you can no longer see the email) and when you click 'New Contact' another window opens over the top and that's where you need to enter the contact details.  Once the email address goes in that will help but it's annoying that you can no longer see the details from within the email.

Maybe it would be better if we could create a new contact from within the actual Email?

New Contacts.docx

• Like 1

Hi

I have been asked a very similar question.  The problem some of the teams are finding is that the details of the request are in the email, as soon as they start logging the ticket they can't see the email to refer to.  They are taking a screenshot of the email before logging it so they can still see the information

They also asked if you could re-order the mailbox by sender for example.

Helen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @HGrigsby

I was wondering if you are using the Request Details Form in your progressive capture that is used when raising requests?  The Service Manager plug-in for raising requests from an email uses the progressive capture that is specified in this setting 

image.png

which by default is the new request progressive capture.  If you have the Customer Search and Request Details forms as the first two forms, the customer form will be automatically populated with the sender of the email, and the body of the email will be automatically added to the Request Details form.

This has some added benefit as the support person can also remove unwanted text such as signatures or email trails from the details prior to raising the request.  The email details will be accessible on the right hand side of the progressive capture so that it can be referred to at any time during the progressive capture stage.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James

• 4 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:53 PM, James Ainsworth said:

I was wondering if you are using the Request Details Form in your progressive capture that is used when raising requests?  The Service Manager plug-in for raising requests from an email uses the progressive capture that is specified in this setting 

image.png

which by default is the new request progressive capture.  If you have the Customer Search and Request Details forms as the first two forms, the customer form will be automatically populated with the sender of the email, and the body of the email will be automatically added to the Request Details form.

This has some added benefit as the support person can also remove unwanted text such as signatures or email trails from the details prior to raising the request.  The email details will be accessible on the right hand side of the progressive capture so that it can be referred to at any time during the progressive capture stage.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth we are having the same issue, and I'm looking at rebuilding our 'new request' so that the first two forms are Customer Search and Request details, however, when you press 'next' only the summary information is visible on the right hand pane, not the description (which would be the body of the email. Am I missing something?

@Claire Holtham - Firstly my suggestion is that it would have been a good idea to create a new thread as the OP original idea/issue is completely different that the one you raised even if somehow it ended up being discussed at some point (which it should have not). It dilutes the original post.

In any case, I need to see an example of the issue. You can PM me a screenshot if you like.

• Victor changed the title to Some questions/queries around emails