Viewing all Projects

Darren Rose

Currently it's only possible to see projects that you are a stakeholder in. This is maybe something that we could add to the 'Project Administrator Role' though and provide a view for all projects within the app? 

The issue here really is security. I'm certain that some users of project manager will want all projects to be openly viewed while others will prefer a very granular level of access.

Not to constantly bring the functionality back to project templates but I'm guessing that you could achieve what you want here by creating every project from a template that has the same stakeholders related to it. e.g. yourself as a Project Overviewer

Alex

That's ok. I just realised that it was down to being a member of a project gave me visibility. Good to know. I think we can work round it for now :)

Templates with stakeholders as default would be a good addition to the templating tool

Thanks

Darren 

• Like 1

@alextumber totally agree with your comment:

The issue here really is security. I'm certain that some users of project manager will want all projects to be openly viewed while others will prefer a very granular level of access.

This will definitely need to be implemented in a smart way before go-live! If I may, one option would be to reuse the mechanism around workspaces? This could do the trick. The default visibility could be set via a setting option controlled by the admin AND BPM.

Anyway, I would be extremely grateful if this could be implemented as we do tend to use both approaches in my company (depending on the project, some require a "secret" status whereas most projects are "public")

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We really need the ability to view all projects for all our teams. 

We widely use our project list as a way of communicating across teams and to report up to senior management to outline which business requests we are implementing. This overview list is critical to our weekly meetings to avoid conflict wether it be resource allocation or just customer impact.  None of our projects are sensitive.

Perhaps an approach of subscriptions much like services would work best whereby you see the projects where you, your team or role is subscribed to the project type.

Your current approach would mean we would have to add every member of our teams (35 or so) as stakeholders which makes no sense to me. 

Regards

Keith

• 6 months later...