Restricting Visibility of Test Requests

SJEaton

Hi

We are going live tomorrow therefore going forward I want to restrict visibility of requests logged for testing purposes so that admins can't see them in their request list.  I have set up a test service and will be creating test workflows in this.  I thought you could restrict who see's requests submitted via these workflows by selecting a specific user in the Process ID area (see screenshot attached where I have selected myself) but this didn't seem to work as a colleague could still see a test request I submitted in his request list.

Can someone therefore please advise how I might do this?  Thanks

Sam

Capture.PNG

@SJEaton ... I completely misread your post... must be one of those Mondays :(

You won't restrict visibility of requests by setting access to the workflow... Is all done via service configuration... Make your user as the sole subscriber to the service. Also, make a test team where you re the only member and set this team as the only one supporting the test service. This should do the trick ;)

Please note that any other user with "Service Desk Admin" role will still be able to access these requests, as this role bypasses the team/subscriber visibility restrictions...

The Process ID info is used for restricting the view for certain groups right?  I have Services where we are publishing catalogue items that route to different teams so I have added a few teams as subscribers to the service but then restrict the teams viewing each others requests by entering the relevant team in Access Granted To.

Sam

10 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

restrict the teams viewing each others requests by entering the relevant team in Access Granted To.

@SJEaton the "Access Granted To" in process configuration is about who has access to view and design the process... it does not affect requests visibility which have this process associated to them... (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Business_Process_Designer)