Supporting teams

chrisnutt

Hi,

I have a question regarding supporting teams. I suspect this isn't possible in the system currently but I would like to suggest it. If it is possible in a way that I haven't figured out I'd be very keen to know about it!

We have several IT services and each of them have their own supporting teams. However, IT Management is a team that, in our organisation, should never have any requests assigned to it. Therefore, I hadn't added them as a supporting team on any service. As a result, IT Management members who weren't in any other team could not see much. I would like to add the IT Management team (or its members individually somehow) to be able to view the services as if they were a supporting team BUT have it so they do NOT show up in the list of teams requests for that service can be assigned to.

Does that make sense?

Essentially I'd like to be able to turn off "assign requests" to supporting teams. In the attachment, I'd like IT MAnagement and IT Business Support to not appear in the assign action on a request.

Thanks

Chris

supportingteams.PNG

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's on individuals though. Is it possible to do the same for teams? 

I just realised I didn't attach the screenshot in my original post. Have now added.

Basically, the members of the teams I mentioned above need to be able to see requests to review them for things like changes etc. but I want to eliminate the possibility of a request being assigned to that team in error.

If all members of a team have "enable assignment" disabled. will that remove them from the list in the action item?

Chris

7 minutes ago, chrisnutt said:

If all members of a team have "enable assignment" disabled. will that remove them from the list in the action item?

Yes, the members of that (or those) team(s) won't be able to get requests assigned to them. Let us know if this is not the case...

@chrisnutt 

9 minutes ago, chrisnutt said:

when it is possible to disable assignment for all members of a team, that team won't be visible in the assignment list on a request?

Since this functionality is not yet there, I can't say how this will work, something our product managers have to consider. But I am certain they will discuss your requirement (i.e. team to not be visible on "Assign" action)