Direct URL to Asset Types -> Software Versioning

samwoo

Hello,

I would like to add a URL to the Custom Buttons that will take users (for Change Requests) straight to the Software Versioning area under Asset Types, rather than having users to open Asset Types then click the + button.
59d3b8222f437_2017-10-0317_21_32-AssetTypes-Hornbill-InternetExplorer.png.bfa8f97be938d68808bf11da09de91a1.png

As part of the Change Requests this would make it faster to maintain and update Software assets when required.

I tried Javascript to open the page, wait for it to load then click on the button after page load and discovered that Javascript cannot run code via a URL from a previous page after a page has loaded... and also discovered that Custom Buttons doesn't handle Javascript in the URL.

Alternatively could there be a link to Software Versioning (whether they exist or not) directly from with the Requests Assets Region?

I just wanted to make it easier for users raising / maintaining Change Requests to manage related assets, without them having to navigate through to different screens and back again to do one or more things.

Thanks,

Samuel

10 minutes ago, ArmandoDM said:

Hello @samwoo

I will report this suggestion to  the relevant people and see what's the best way to handle it.

Probably the quickest way would be adding a new link to the Request Assets Region, as you suggest.

I will get back to you on this.

Regards

Armando

Thanks @ArmandoDM - much appreciated.

I look forward to a response.

Samuel

• 3 months later...