Possibly Urgent? - Asset CSV upload failed validation... still uploaded the assets

samwoo

Hi,

We potentially have a large problem with our Assets in Hornbill, those that were upload via CSV file.

We have done the following where Validation is against the Serial Number twice, one for a larger CSV file and one for a smaller one (as below). Each time (as seen below) we have received errors, which we thought was good it means we can check these assets against the ones we are trying to upload.

AssetsCSV.png.23fb27688f6e0fd1eed21fec238fa067.png

We have now identified that some assets that "failed to upload" were still uploaded despite failing validation.
AssetsCSV2.thumb.png.3171d9c3131069da63870761bd49304e.png

I can confirm that all three of these have the same Serial Number and IMEI Number (despite there being a variation in the name) they shouldn't have been uploaded multiple times.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

We have done some tests to try to replicate the issue, but we haven't had any luck yet.

It might be worth raising a support request with the Hornbill Support Team and if possible, provide them your CSV file.  In the meantime I'll continue to look to see if I can find any issues.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

17 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Samuel,

We have done some tests to try to replicate the issue, but we haven't had any luck yet.

It might be worth raising a support request with the Hornbill Support Team and if possible, provide them your CSV file.  In the meantime I'll continue to look to see if I can find any issues.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Thanks - I have logged a request with Hornbill Support.

Samuel