getting an error on one of my services

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys - im getting the attached error whenever i click on one of my services.

i have been doing some work around the Pro-Caps and services today, but haven't (to my knowledge) done anything the 'CAD services' service yet.

help ASAP would be appreciated as we've not catalogue items against this service now. we also need to retain the service (rather than delete and create a new service) for reporting purposes (previous tickets logged to this service)

thanks 

Capture.JPG

Hi @Gary@ADL

Do you know the name(s) of the Progressive Capture that the Request Catalog Items on this Service, under the Service Request Configuration might be using? 

The error message that you provided suggests that it is looking for a Progressive Capture Script that doesn't exist.  I did some tests with deleting a Progressive Capture that is associated to a Request Catalog Item and this is handled correctly in the Service form without error.

I'm also curious if you uploaded any of these Progressive Captures for this service or if they were all created from scratch?

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Hiya @James Ainsworth - yes the pro-cap is either 'ADL Generic New Incident' or 'ADL - CAD'.

They will have definitely used the first one (ADL generic new incident), i created the second one to switch them over to - but not sure if i completed the change or not, ( i did a lot of work to catalogs and services yesterday lol)

all processes were either created from scratch, or a copy taken of an existing process and renamed (using the copy process button). i havent 'uploaded' any pre-saved processes using the function for saving the flowcode and re-uploading it. 

I can delete the ADL - CAD process, and see if that resolves it? as its only the same as 'ADL Generic new incident' but with an extra custom form added in 

cheers

Gary 

@James Ainsworth - we can still log calls against the CAD service on the service desk by the way - it looks to be using the 'ADL generic new incident' process, as it doesnt present the custom form.

but you cant log calls on the portal as you get the error message,

i think i initally got the error message when i was creating a new catalog item within the CAD service, so i think i'l have set the default procap to be the new 'ADL - CAD' one, then i'l have gone to create the new catalog items, but failed...

i have tried deleting the CAD service, but still getting the same error.

cheers 

1 hour ago, Gary@ADL said:

@James Ainsworth - we can still log calls against the CAD service on the service desk by the way - it looks to be using the 'ADL generic new incident' process, as it doesnt present the custom form.

but you cant log calls on the portal as you get the error message,

i think i initally got the error message when i was creating a new catalog item within the CAD service, so i think i'l have set the default procap to be the new 'ADL - CAD' one, then i'l have gone to create the new catalog items, but failed...

i have tried deleting the CAD service, but still getting the same error.

cheers 

Sorry this should say tried deleting the 'ADL - CAD' pro-cap   not the service! trying to retain the service for reporting of all the calls previously logged to it.

thanks 

We're hoping to push a new update out later today which will take care of this. You get this error when one of the Catalog items doesn't have a Progressive Capture defined against it. This should not have been possible and is enforced again in the new update. You should also see the full list of Catalogs again.

@Gary@ADL the issue was fixed in Service Manager build 1063 which was deployed in live instances last week. I see your instance is now on SM build 1064 which means the issue is fixed. If by any chance you still encounter the error and you are unable to access the service please let us know.