BPM error upon creating tickets

Alex8000

Hello Hornbill,

I would like to inform you of our current problems with Hornbill. we get this error message trying to create or update tickets: 

An attempt was made to send an email notification however no mailbox has been defined from which to send the email from. A mailbox can be selected from the service manager application settings.

We have tried calling your service number to ask for assitance but keep getting disconnected after several minutes. Can you please contact us urgently on +317352xxxxx? or provide assistance through this ticket?

@Alex8000 did anyone made any changes to you mailboxes recently? 

I can see the following error in the logs:

Operation[mailadmin:sharedMailboxGetInfo] The specified mailbox 'Panas Service' doesn't exist on the system

This suggests this mailbox existed and someone removed it renamed it. Can you confirm thsi, please?

Can you please also check the current value for the below application setting in your instance? It should not be empty, it should contain the name of the notification mailbox...

Capture.PNG

Regarding your call to our service number, I'm afraid we don't have a support telephone number and also your organisation is not subscribed to a Success Plan which would give you access to raise a support request with our service desk.

Hello Victor,

The setting is as you requested is filled in with Panas Service. I also added a screenshot of the error we currently have on all accounts. Do you have any more idea's how to solve this problem. Our entire service department cannot register anything at the moment.

2017-08-10 16_23_50-PRTG-PC - TeamViewer.png

2017-08-10 16_26_16-Postvak IN - l.landsheer@panas.nl - Outlook.png

Hi Alex,

it looks like you currently have two issues.

1) Application Email notifications are failing to send - this is indicated by the error: 

Operation[mailadmin:sharedMailboxGetInfo] The specified mailbox 'Panas Service' doesn't exist on the system

2) The BPM error shown in your screen shot above - This is referring to a failure to start the response timer.

In relation to 1), please check that the value "Panas Service" is the id of an existing mailbox in Hornbill Administration > Home > System > Email > Shared Mailboxes

Considering point 2), I find this quite strange because I can see a response timer exists against the request in the screen shot. This suggests there is something else performed within this BPM operation that is failing.

Dan

@DanielRi First of all thanks for helping us out.

I have checked the ID of the existing mailbox and changed it accordingly. This seems to have fixed the mail attempt errors.

However we still cannot create new/ or update tickets. According to you there should be something wrong within the BPM operation. The strange thing is that the error is present on all flows/BPM's. Indicating to me that the problem is not within the BPM flow. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Alex,

That's great to hear the first issue is resolved.

Going back to the BPM errors, I don't believe it is a problem with the way you have configured your BPM, but the issue does reside within a particular operation that is part of your configuration. Our development team are looking into this now.

Dan

Hi Alex,

in the meantime, you may be able to restart the BPM using the "Restart Process" button located to the left of the heads-up-display. Clicking this will retry the last failed operation within the BPM. This is only visible to users who posses the "super user" or "Service Desk admin" roles.

More information can be found here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Business_Process_Designer . At the bottom of the article there is a section called: "Workflow Failure and Recovery" . Please let me know if this helps you to recover the failed workflows.

Dan

Hi Alex,

Development have identified the issue and are working on an appropriate solution. 

In conjunction with my earlier suggestion, a more feasible longer-term workaround is to associate the "Self Service User" role to all your Hornbill users. If you navigate to Hornbill Administration > Home > System > Organisational Data > Roles and type in "Self Service User" in the filter this will present you with the right role. 

Click into the role and navigate to the last tab (the furthest right) labelled "Assigned Users" . Click the button shown in the screen shot and proceed to associate the role to all "Full" users. this will prevent the issue from re-occurring. 

If your attempts at a BPM restart were previously unsuccessful, after you have associated this role to all users a BPM restart will be possible.

Dan

Add Self Service User Role.png

@Alex8000

Hi Alex,

Can I just pick up on your comment below...

We have tried calling your service number to ask for assistance but keep getting disconnected after several minutes. Can you please contact us urgently on +317352xxxxx? or provide assistance through this ticket?

Looking at your instance I can see that you have only opted for "Community" support, which means there is no direct means for you to contact our support team or raise a ticket.  We do not take inbound telephone calls in the first instance for any support issues - all customers who have direct access to our premier success support plan have an option to "Raise A Request" on their support page and we always return a call by telephone within 15 minutes where required.  In your case you will see from yout support page (screen below)  that you only have access to Community Support which means via the forum only and with no SLA commitment, we typically would not call you back for community support but would respond on the forum.

I just wanted to clarify that point with you as your comment could be taken as Hornbill are offering bad support which I don't believe is the case. 

Please be aware of this in the future, we will do our best to support you via the community channels but this does not typically include any form of telephone support. 

Gerry

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 09.43.31.png

Hi @Alex8000,

We have identified the root cause of the reported behaviour. This is now available in Build 1042 of the Service Manager App (Available in the App Store). Please feel free to revert the workaround.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi @Gerry, @DanielRi, @Ehsan, @Victor,

Real Alex speaking here, many thanks for supporting my colleagues during my and @m.vandun's absence.

Due to the timing of our holidays the department was unfortunately left without both the primary and secondary contact, and thus without detailed knowledge of the Hornbill support process. When an incident occurred and we were unreachable my colleagues had to improvise which led to the slight misunderstanding of the use of the support phone number.

We will look into either documenting this better or appointing a tertiary internal contact for exactly these situations, rare as they may be. (also, it seems like I really need to change my password :))

I am happy to say that I have just updated to build 1042 and rolled back the workaround. Everything is functioning as it should.

Best regards,

Alex