SR logged as an incident through the Portal

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

This is a little weird....but I've just found an Incident which shouldn't be an incident...

We have a CI on our portal which logs a Service Request for software procurement. I've just found a request which was logged using this CI a couple of days ago which has all the correct information in it, and has been assigned to the correct team and is following the correct BPM etc, however rather than being logged as an SR, it is logged as an incident instead.

This isn't necessarily causing any problems at the moment, but I'm curious as to why it's happened, and whether there's something else going on which MAY cause problems in the future?

If Hornbill wants to take a look, it's IN00006873 in our instance.

thanks

• 3 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

HI @James Ainsworth

I'm pretty sure this hasn't happened for a while (I certainly haven't been told about it) but we've just had another SR logged as an IN from our portal.

The call ref is IN00015942. 

Could someone take a look please and see why it's happened?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Paul Alexander

Thanks for reporting this.  We have had continual investigation into this.  It has been a challenge as the occurrences are rare and there doesn't seem to be any steps that have been found to replicate the issue.  I've fed back to the development team that you have posted this.  We will continue to look into this.

James

@Paul Alexander @Claire Holtham yes, we know we have several customers who noticed this. As James advised, it seems to be a random behavior and the issue defies all code logic... we had our dev team spending a great deal of time investigating each line of code and we simply can't figure out how this might happen... the code logic simply says it's impossible! The only issue is the request type... everything else behaves as expected: the service, that catalog item, the process... is just this request type for some, yet unknown, reason changes... we have tried many scenarios to try and see if we can replicate it somehow without any success so far... :( ... The issue is also intermittent and without any sort of clear pattern which makes it very difficult to establish a certain scenario... we are pretty much looking for the needle in the haystack... :( ... This does not mean we will not continue investigating but I fear it won't be fast and it won't be easy to find out what's happening :( 

• 1 month later...

We have managed to identify a particular scenario within Progressive Capture where on the Services Form, if you have multiple Request Catalog Items available and these are defined against different request types, if a user clicks on more than one of these Request Catalog Items prior to selecting Next,  in some circumstances the request type of a previously selected Request Catalog Item is stored and used rather than that last Request Catalog Item selected.

A fix has been provided for this particular scenario and will be available in the next update.  We can't say yet whether this is the exact same issue that has been reported and if this fix will prevent this from happening again, but it does sound promising.  Once this is available we will be interested to hear of any more occurrences of the wrong request type being raised or better yet if you feel that it is no longer happening.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

Just when you thought it was safe......we've just had another SR logged as an IN unfortunately......

IN00024118 should have been an SR. 

It was logged through the Portal, and we've not had any problems with these tickets before.

thanks

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...