Date Format in Auto-Emails

SJEaton

@SJEaton looking at my previous posts in this thread I mentioned the integration node is (currently) designed to work only for Custom G field...

On 03/08/2017 at 0:25 PM, Victor said:

EDIT: currently it only formats Custom_G. If the test is ok for this field we can do the same for other custom fields storing date/time values...

...if you are trying to convert a date stored in other custom field (i.e. Custom A), then the integration node won't work... it will have to be amended to cater for other custom fields...

Aha, ok.  Yes we will want to use this integration node for various custom fields depending on which ones a date is entered in each of our processes.  Can this be amended?  Unless of course there is an imminent date for addressing the design limitation Dan mentioned?

Sam

I hope to experiment with this one a little, while we look for a more permanent solution.  If Custom G is required for the Integration node as suggested, I wonder if we can just use Custom G as a temporary storage for the date conversion.  So, update Custom G field with the information held in Custom A, convert the date in Custom G, update Custom A from Custom G.  What I'm not so sure of is if there will be any date formatting issues in doing this.  

@SJEaton

Can you post an example of the date time value as stored in the custom field before its passed to the conversion node in the BPM please?

This can happen if it fails to correctly convert the date string so if i can get a copy of the value i can run a test locally and add some error handling and check a few things.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Trevor

I have another issue regarding extra details fields that I am currently working with James to try and rectify.  Once I have sorted this one out, I will test again and see if this issue with the date conversion still applies.  If it does then I will send some further screen shots. 

Sam

Yes no idea what but you see it change the date to undefined before your eyes and then it generates the auto-email and inserts undefined in the variable.

As James mentioned earlier maybe its to do with the fact that the integration call is only set up for customG and we are using it for customA?

Sam 

@SJEaton

No the integration call node is set up correctly otherwise you would not see the correctly converted date at all, also there was some confusion before it can be used for any field as long as you correctly map the field to the input on the integration node, if that was not working you would never see the correctly converted date. 

Can you download and PM me your BPM unless you are happy to attach it here then i can have a quick look through for anything obvious.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

For anyone that gets the issue in the future there was a second duplicate set of nodes for converting the date and updating the custom field after the send template email node, this caused the custom field to be updated before the email was sent as BPM nodes do not always fire one after the other and wait for completion when there is no suspend node present. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick