Problems with Hornbill

samwoo

Hello,

Yesterday around about lunch time we had an issue where our entire Hornbill instance went down. No one could do anything, and kept getting an error message when refresh or opening Hornbill. When I went onto the Hornbill Support website yesterday, every check in the instance checker was red with the word "Failed" underneath each of them.

I was about to log a call using the Hornbill Support website and as I was starting to write, Hornbill came back and everything seemed to be ok.

Now we are unable to search for tickets in the Search box at the top... but can find them when filtering the Request List. For example searching for SR00031029 or SR*31029 come up with No Results found in the search bar. But if we go to the Request List -> All My Services and filter on SR00031029, it is found.

Also users have been reporting that they are unable to apply emails to tickets. I've just had a go at it, by sending an email into Hornbill based on the response from a customer and a third party in my outlook. When going into Hornbill to Apply email to ticket, it comes up with my name - I click on it, then search for the Request Reference of the call that's under the customer's name - nothing happens when doing the search.

As i am unable to access the Customer Support (i type in my instance id and email address and nothing happens on both IE and Chrome) I am logging these issues here.

Thanks,

Samuel

14 minutes ago, Chaz said:

@samwoo are you able to find any Requests through the global search?

Hi @Chaz,

Sorry I meant to say Global Search instead of Bar at the top - no sadly not able to find any requests using it :(

Do we need to re-index?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hello @Chaz, @Pamela

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm not sure what's going on but now we are able to search for Requests in the Global Search and in the emails now.

We haven't done anything differently since I created this post. Very strange.

We'll keep an eye on it for longer.

Thanks,

Samuel

25 minutes ago, samwoo said:

Hello @Chaz, @Pamela

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm not sure what's going on but now we are able to search for Requests in the Global Search and in the emails now.

We haven't done anything differently since I created this post. Very strange.

We'll keep an eye on it for longer.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hello again,

This problem seems to be intermittent. Some tickets are found some are not there doesn't seem to be a pattern to this. I just did a Global Search on a random request visible on the request list in front of me, and it said no results found. Another colleague has confirmed this is happening as well.

Thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo  if is on and off (some tickets) it could be that the indexer had a small disruption during the brief downtime yesterday... Might be worth do a reindexing... Make sure you select the option New, otherwise it will take sensibly longer and could impact overall performance...

image.png