Insert Hyperlink to document

derekgreen

Hello. I have a change bpm for internal ICT use in regard to the steps necessary to build a pc for use on our network. One of the last items on the workflow is to ensure that the analyst records details of the pc on our asset spreadsheet, is there a way of inserting a hyperlink or network path into the bpm to direct the analyst to the spreadsheet?

Hi @derekgreen

I haven't trying this with a network path, but in this example I have used the BPM Update Request operation to amend the description of the request with a hyperlink.  A number of areas in Hornbill allow for wiki markup where we can use specify a URL encased double square brackets to indicate a hyperlink.   

hyperlinkBPMdetailsupdate.PNG

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

James

I've continue tested and when trying to link to a file on a network share, although it provided a hyperlink, the file itself did not open the file.

Have you considered using Hornbill Document Manager for storing this file?  Using Document Manager would allow the hyperlinks to work.  We are also looking to provide a feature that will allow a request to be linked to one or more documents stored in Document Manager.  For now you can add the wiki markup for linking to a document using the following format -  [[docmanager/document/details/<DocumentID>]] where the document ID can be taken from the URL when viewing that document.

Regards,

James