Call request categories mandatory 2 levels

nasimg

We want to use call request categories but I need the customer to select 2 levels, but I can't see anywhere to set this.

At the moment they have to chose something, but they are not choosing/seeing the second level

Nasim

call request categories.jpg

• Like 1

@nasimg 

do you mean preventing the user to be able to select certain categories ie. LAS, but able to select the categories below it such as Care Plan or Review? If so i think that is a good idea. +1 but i don't think it's possible at the moment - someone from Hornbill can correct me.

But...

You can limit the list of Categories against a Service for each request type:
For example if you select LAS, when they log or resolve a ticket they will only be able to see everything underneath it, but they wouldn't see categories on the same level as LAS such as LCS, iCasework or above.

You would set it against a Service under each type, see Request Category Level and Resolution Category Level at the bottom of my screenshot.

Is this the answer you are looking for?
597204325d8df_CategoryLevel.png.0a6e51ebd17475d92ef2d246ebd5f8eb.png

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

Thanks for the info - no I didn't explain my query very well, I want customers to have to choose 2 levels (not matter which category they start with). So I need a Request Category Level to have a mandatory option of 2 levels set (used to be able to do this in Supportworks).

Nasim

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @nasimg, @samwoo and @Everton1878

I'm looking into this requirement regarding the enforcing of the selection of a particular level within the category tree.  I have some reservations with enforcing this at a set level as category trees can vary greatly and where one branch might be only one level deep, another may be several.  This would mean that in your design of your category tree you would be constrained to making sure that all branches are of the same depth.

We also already have the feature on each Service that lets you specify a starting level within the Category Tree.  This helps direct the analyst to the appropriate category branch/level under which the available category selections relate to the service.  As this can be set with any number of sub levels still available which could be different for each service, the enforcement of a set level may also be problematic here.

What I would like to suggest is that we provide a setting to enforce that the last or end item on a branch is selected.  This would allow for different branches to provide varying levels of categories and it would complement the feature for setting a category starting level on a service.   It would also mean that different services that require more detailed category trees are not limited to a set level and the number of levels can be unique in each case while still enforcing the last or end item in a branch is selected.

I'll look forward to your feedback.

Regards, 

James

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to update this post to let you know that some new settings have been provided with the latest update of Service Manager.  Enabling these settings will enforce that the last item in a category tree is selected.  There are separate settings for the Request Category and the Resolution Category.

guest.servicemanager.request.category.closure.enforceLastItem

guest.servicemanager.request.category.request.enforceLastItem

Regards,

James