'Mark as Read' change in Inbox

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi,

Is there any way to revert back to the previous way where once you open an email in full view it marks the email as read? I personally don't think this change helps us (and neither do the other analysts here) because we have multiple people working in the Inbox at the same time and once you open in full view you expect that to mark the email as read. You can have the situation where 2 of you open the email at the same time and do not know the other person is looking at it.

Is there a way to turn this  feature off or change the setting?

Thanks

Greg

ORC International

Hi @gregmarcroftorc,

There is no way to get back to the previous behaviour.

The new view works in a different way than the old one. It now previews the first email. It means it would have to mark always the first email as read.

Also, if it would had been a personal mailbox, it would make sense to mark it as read because it won't affect anyone. But if just by previewing the mail it would mark it as read it would make more confusion for other team members because it will look like people are working on this but is not true.

Hope it makes sense,

Thanks,

Daniel.

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi @Daniel Dekel,

I am not sure I understand your response unfortunately. Maybe I didn't explain the point properly myself.

Me and the rest of my team are finding that this new change to marking emails as read is not ideal for us. Previously we would select the option 'open in full view' and this would bring up the email full screen. In my opinion (and previously this was the case on Hornbill) this should then mark the email as read, because we have fully opened the email. I believe this is similar to Outlook where you double click on an email to open fully, and that should mark it as read.

We now have the situation where we could open in full view, log a ticket, but not have remembered to 'Mark as Read'. We then find that upon returning to the Inbox we notice that the email is marked as unread. This means that a colleague could then also click on that email (not knowing that I had logged a ticket/be logging a ticket in that time), and then log a ticket for the same email.

This new step requires us to have to remember to mark as read each time we now open an email and this was not previously the case. This is not ideal because a) it has only recently changed so is not embedded in our heads as it wasn't previously required, and in the event that we do forget in a busy period, we could then have duplicate tickets logged for the same issue by different analysts on our team.

Is there no way for us to change that option or could it be reconsidered?

Thanks

Greg

@gregmarcroftorc we actually do this when applying an email to a Request, but it looks like we don't do the same when logging a Request from an email. I'll get this raised with development.