Global Search

Shamaila.Yousaf

I saw a Hornbill video a while back and I noticed that the Global Search included 'Assets'.  Do we need to make amendments our end to have this added to the Global Search?

Also, with regards to the Global Search, I noticed for a short while that there were additional filters under the Global Search which allowed more of a thorough & efficient search...This however; disappeared.  Any ideas why this would be the case and whether this would be brought back?

Hi @Shamaila Yousaf

Thanks for your post.

There is an Asset Search available in the Global Search.  The visibility of this depends on your rights or the roles that you have assigned to your user account.  You will need to assign the ''Asset Management User'' role to any user that requires visibility of assets.  With this assigned you will be able to see the Asset search.

assetglobalsearch.PNG

On some of the Global Search options there are what we call ''Search Tools'' that allow you to provide additional filtering or criteria into your search.  This is not available on all the searches.  It is available on the Workspace Search and the Requests Search.  A small arrow will be displayed on the right side of the search box which can be clicked on to expose the search tools.

requestglobalsearchtools.PNG

I hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shamaila,

I have done some further tests and I can see some unexpected behaviour with the Assets in global search.  It seems that in some cases where a user has the ''Asset Management User'' role, the Asset option is not displayed.  I've made the development team aware of this.  I did also test this with the ''Asset Management Admin" role which does always give you the access to the Asset search.  If you are able to do so you could have this role assigned to your account until we have looked at the issues with the ''Asset Management User'' role.

Regards,

James

Guest Ehsan

Hi @DeadMeatGF,

The current Build of the Service Manager App is 1019. This particular fix will be included in Build 1022 or higher. We're looking to prepare a Build in the next couple of days and begin testing. We hope to make the next Build available in the week commencing 31st July.

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 1 month later...