Connections Highlighting on Email Form

Would it be possible for the 'Connections' button on the Email tab to be highlighted in someway when connections are present and similarly when you expand drop down it hihglights whether there are connections present under Impacted and Interested.

This will aid as a visual reminder to analysts to include connections on any emails being sent.

Cheers

Martyn

@James Ainsworth; @Martyn Houghton

I think it would be good if they added by default (more likely you want them included in emails) - else they are easily forgotten, especially annoying if you went to the trouble of adding them.

We can remove them as they would be visible in the to:/ cc: fields before sending.

Nasim

• 2 months later...

Hi @Martyn Houghton

Nothing planned at the moment for having the Connections added to the email by default.  We are going to start with hiding the Connections button if there are no connections and also only show the connection types that have connections against them.  I'll chase this up to see where we are with it.

Regards,

James

Hi @Ehsan

Can you remind me what this change will do - I like Martyn's idea (see below)

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, Martyn Houghton said:

@James Ainsworth

Thanks for the update. This feature will be a great help. 

Perhaps a setting for the future 'Service Desk' templates to have the option to set connections to be added by default, i.e. impacted > CC - interested > BCC, which applies to the user app and the BPM nodes.

Cheers

Martyn

Allowing the template to use the impacted/interested would be very logical - great to have an option of seeing what is being sent (before it is sent).

Nasim

• Like 1

Hi @nasimg

This initial change will control the visibility of the Add Connections button.  If there are no connections against a request, this button will not be visible.  If there are Connections against the request, it will only show the Connection Types that have connections against them.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @nasimg

Is this regarding the automatic applying of connected users to an outgoing email via a setting?  There are some varying approaches discussed above and I wasn't sure if this was reference to one of these or a new requirement.

11 minutes ago, nasimg said:

Any thoughts on using the email templates with interested/impacted.

Hi @James Ainsworth

It was discussed above, I can see the visibility of the Add Connections button working now, which is good but not as obvious as I would prefer. I want the impacted/interested user to be emailed by default, so they appear in the cc:/bcc: and we remove them if not needed. Otherwise they are still easy to forget to include in any messages about the request.

I'm having issues keeping the interested parties updated.

Regards

Nasim

Thanks @nasimg.  Good to hear that the Add Connections button is working a bit better now.  I believe the suggestion from Martyn was to have a setting that would control if connected users are emailed by default.  If that is what you are looking for, I'll investigate our options to add this change. 

Regards,

James