Record limit when running reports

Keith

We are utilising the PowerBI connector to output data from Hornbill to PowerBI with good results.

However! We have hit a major problem with the limitation on the number of records that can be processed. 

The system setting api.xmlmc.queryExec.maxResultsAllowed allows a maximum of 25000 records. Whilst that may seem a lot we have created over 24K requests in under five months and this limit is a serious constraint. 

I understand that this is there to reduce impact on the system but the report I am running to extract records completes in under a minute with 23K records so the limit seems overly agressive. I understand also that there are moves to create a reporting platform which will in time alleviate the situation but we will have a problem reporting in less than a week.

Can this limit be increased?

If not, are there any suggestions on how we can gather a minimum of one years records (approx 100K) to export to PowerBI.

PS I have raised this via the Hornbill Support desk who see this as a development request rather than an issue. I disagree that this is a feature request.

Regards

Keith

• Like 1

@Keith Thanks for the suggestion above. You emailed in and mentioned you have resolved this. Just out of curiosity what have you done to get the result you were after. For the benefit of anyone else who might be facing this issue.

Regards

Pamela

@Pamela, essentially we use a modified version of the connector to run a report which we store in an SQL database. From this we create a shared dataset which we interrogate using PowerBI.  

To overcome the 25000 limit we first run a report to capture the initial 24K requests we had and from then on run a report daily to capture all requests updated over the last two days. We then merge this with the initial run of 24K records.

Regards

Keith