Tasks not being removed when complete

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Is there a way of auto removing tasks that are assigned to a team once they are completed? 

Currently our Service Desk is using the API task scheduler and even though the tasks are complete they are not removed from the activities list. This is becoming a problem as analysts are losing their own tasks in the list.

Also, on a side note, tasks created by the API scheduler are sometimes duplicated. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when or why they are duplicated but again this can cause issues with analysts working on different copies of the same task.

I know that in app scheduling is on the horizon but unless it is going to be released this week if someone could point me at why the tasks gets duplicated that would be great

Thanks

Dan 

Hi @Dan Munns,

Hope you're well.

I wrote the API scheduler, and haven't come across duplicate API calls generated as yet, but I'll take a look and get back to you. Could you send me your scheduler configuration file, with the API key removed, in a private message please?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi @Dan Munns,

That list are the notifications that you are receiving. Is not the actual list of tasks. If you hover over one of the items in that list you will see that under the Arrow icon you will see a button with an X, that is to dismiss the notification. Also if you click to open the task it will dismiss the notification. This list of notifications will include when the task is assigned to you or a team, when is completed or when  the reminder is activated.

Once that list gets smaller or gets removed, you will see the actual list of tasks assigned to you, that should be updated.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Dan Munns,

Looks like the duplicate API call issue was actually down to a defect in the Go Cron package I used to build the scheduler (https://godoc.org/github.com/robfig/cron). It appears that an enhancement has been made to this Cron package to fix a timing issue that caused the intermittent duplicates (as well as a number of other bugs) since the last time I produced a release of the API scheduler.

I've re-compiled the executables with the fixed library in place, and released as v1.0.3 to our public Github repository. The new zip containing these executables can be downloaded from here.

Let me know how you get on with this new version of the tool :)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Dan Munns,

I can confirm that the update to the notifications has been applied in the server. Now activities that were assigned to your team but were picked up by someone else, will be automatically dismissed meaning that you will not see them anymore in your notifications list.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• Like 1