Known Error issue

Hi Stephen,

It was great to see you at last weeks Hornbill Insights 2017 event and thanks for posting. I took the liberty of doing a little investigation myself and I believe that there is an inconsistency between closing a KE manually, and closing a KE using the BPM operation to set the status of a ticket to closed.

If its done manually, the KE record is removed from self service, if its done automatically via the BPM the KE is NOT removed. 

I'm waiting for confirmation of this from development but the best route could be for us to amend the BPM to wait for an analyst to manually close the KE, rather than letting the BPM do it for us. If this proves to be the best way forward, based on the recent Expert Services work we did on this, I'm happy to make the amendment for you.

Dan

Hi Stephen,

dev have addressed the issue in the next Service Manager build which means the Known Issues list will take into account all scenarios in which a KE was closed. The approach dev are taking with this fix ensures that we don't have to make any changes to the BPM, and it can be left to close KE's automatically based on the completion of the human task.

I have set the Published status of all the currently closed KE's to draft (the status to which they are set when the KE is closed manually) so they no longer appear on the Hornbill Service Portal. We can expect the next Service Manager build to be available during the week beginning 10th July and this will contain the fix described above.

I hope that helps,
Dan