New Variable Picker help

cchalmers

I am trying to use the new variable picker on our SCDC New starter to auto populate the summary and description without much joy at the moment. Can you advise what i'm missing?

Progress Capture Name: 3CICT - New Starter SCDC

BPM Name: 3CICT - New Starter SCDC

Error:

Line Timestamp Severity Group TID Description
2214839 29-06-2017 22:25 error comms 3948 Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests/bpmOperation:getReqQuestions] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/getReqQuestions): Input parameter validation error: The element <formId> was expected at location ''

Hi @cchalmers

Looking at the error, have you defined the Progressive custom form ID in an entity Get Request Information > Request Questions node before trying to use the variable picker in an Update Request Node?

So initially populating the following node and Form ID field with the ID of the Progressive Capture form - so change the form id from Auto to Manual and then define the form ID.

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 22.51.49.png

then follow that with an Entity Update Request > Details form, and then you can use the variable picker to choose the answers you want to populate into the summary or description fields?  

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 22.56.47.png

Hopefully this helps

Steve

Hi @cchalmers

I'm wondering if it might be an issue in the format of the variable you've entered. Looking at your screenshot, you appear to have different values in the Summary and Description (one references the form ID directly, and one references "flowcode") but I'm thinking you want the same info to appear in both. 

Can I suggest to edit the Description text to match the Summary, e.g.:

New SCDC Starter: &[global["flowcode"]["answer1"]]

And see if that works?

Kind Regards

Bob

• 3 weeks later...