Adding Connections via BPM

Dan Munns

Hi all,

I am trying to add 'Interested' connections to a certain call type via the BPM but can only add full users.

Obviously if I were to do this in the call itself I could add them but for fear of missing someone off the list I want to automate it.

Is there a switch somewhere or is it a BPM limitation?

Thanks

Dan

@Victor can I request that this is looked into for development as a matter of urgency please?

We have a number of senior staff and board members who need to be kept up to date on some tickets and having to add them all manually will be fairly time consuming for the team of one who is responsible for those tickets.

2 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

@Victor can I request that this is looked into for development as a matter of urgency please?

We have a number of senior staff and board members who need to be kept up to date on some tickets and having to add them all manually will be fairly time consuming for the team of one who is responsible for those tickets.

+1 we would benefit from this too

Could this be extended to the ability to add an entire organization/team/group/department to the connections etc? as well as being able to email them from the BPM? 

Rather than just emailing individual "Basic" users as @Dan Munns requires (though we do have a requirement for this somewhere), we would need to be able to email a group of "Basic" Super Users for certain Application related Services, for example when something goes wrong and we need to Bulk inform them.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I'm interested in seeing a way to get this working as well.  In our case, if a Contact raises a request, we need the BPM to automatically add other Connections for the Organisation as well.  The typical scenario being add the IT manager at an Organisation whenever any request is raised by a Contact at that Organisation. 

The relevant interested Contacts would be identified by a custom field, e.g. 'Include in all emails' check box or similar.

Regards

Stuart

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I noticed that this thread seems to have yet to reach a conclusion. The initial query was around adding Connections to a request via BPM, specifically the ability to add Basic Users as connections. I can confirm that since Service Manager build 1099 the "Add Connection" BPM operation now allows us to add Basic Users as connections.

This is done via the "Co-Worker" option which now incorporates a pick list where you can specify whether Basic users, Full users, or All Users will be available when searching and choosing the co-worker (see image).

For those interested in adding Contacts as connections, this is also possible with this node. Set the Co-Worker Option to "ignore", set the "Contact" option to "Manual", and specify the Contact.

I hope that helps,
Dan

Add Basic User as Connection.PNG