Requests - Locking and unlocking actions

Tina.Lapere

Hi, I've been looking at adding the locking and unlocking actions to a business process which is working fine, however in practice we are finding that after the unlocking action within the request it's not actually refreshing the page and the actions that were locked are still greyed out.  If you press F5 it changes or you leave the request and go back in it displays as it should but I'd like it to refresh automatically.

Is this something you could look into for me?

Screen shots attached.

Locking and unlocking actions - not refreshing.docx

HI @Tina.Lapere

I unable to replicate this issue on my development instance, had created similar BPM from your screenshot and all tabs get updated (unlocked) after escalation action performed, would be possible to send me your bpm process so I can have a look?

Regards,
Riz

Hi @Tina.Lapere

Sorry I need actual bpm process which you can download from admin, please see attached screenshot,
when you click on download button you will get one txt file which you can attache to the post. :)

Hope this help!

Thanks!
Riz

bpm-download.jpg

Hi @Tina.Lapere

I able to replicate this issue based on your bpm process, you will needs to modify your bpm process to solve this refresh issue as below

1. set "System Timeline Update" to "Yes" if you wan to display automatic timeline update
2. set "System Timeline Update" to "No" and "Manual Timeline Update" to any custom message to update the timeline

Above mentioned change should refresh the request automatically, I will raise ticket for development team to refresh without setting the timeline update.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Riz

tina-lock-bpm-issue.png

Hi @Tina.Lapere

That's easy fix in your bpm process, just set "Action Focus" to "Manual" and select "Assign" action for "wait for Priority" node, as attached screenshot.

tina-lock-bpm-issue2.png.jpg

Thanks!
Riz

@riz I tried the above suggestions but with choosing 'Resolve' in stead of 'Assign' as that's where I want the call to sit at and it still doesn't move on to that action whilst the call is open on my screen (it stays on the Escalation screen).  If I go back to the list of calls and then open that call again it sits on the resolve action but not whilst the call is open.  Any other ideas?

Thanks Tina

Hi @Tina.Lapere

We already ticket logged for this BPM focus issue, which will be available in our next service manager release,
I will keep you updated here in this post when that issue will be resolve and available to upgrade on your instance.

Thanks,
Riz

• 3 weeks later...

The request for this issue has now been resolved. 

The BPM will now trigger an event to refresh the request details without waiting for a timeline entry. 

This will be in the next update - build over 1013