Service Manager Build 993 New Changes

Martyn Houghton

Hi Martyn,

the global timeline search capability was aligned to be introduced in this build but unfortunately was pulled from this build in the final round of QA due to concerns over performance. As a result, CH00128259 is not contained in build 993.

The release notes in Hornbill administration are automatically generated and if anything changes at the last minute they must be manually amended, which in this case it appears that this was missed.

Development continue to work on the request timeline search capability.

I hope that helps clarifies things,
Dan

@Keith indeed! We also have a desire for this internally, but it's one of those changes that could have a significant impact if its not delivered right. Functionally, the feature does what it says on the tin, it returns request timeline results, however it is not meeting the other QA parameters in terms of machine resource consumption (critical to the infrastructure) and speed of response (critical to the customer experience).

I have no doubt that our development teams will resolve these issues but until then we must wait with bated breath!
Dan

• 2 weeks later...

@DanielRi according to the latest release notes the timeline search has now been released. However this is certainly not working for me. Is there a setting a need to change to take advantage of this?

UPDATE: Am I getting confused! I saw and applied a service manager update yesterday but latest changes still show 993 which I had already applied. 

Regards

Keith

Hi @Keith ,
The update that you installed yesterday was Service Manager Build 994. This was released to address an issue identified in relation to the new authoriser functionality (the first item in the 993 release notes). You were presented with the 993 release notes due to an ongoing issue with the management of release notes in our build controller.

As we speak today, if there is a new Application Build available and you notice that the release notes have not changed from the previous build, then it is most likely an update to patch an issue that has been identified.
The Platform team continue to work on addressing the management of the release notes which will hopefully eliminate any confusion in the future.

Dan