Resolution Text not picked up

By the time it's ready for release the new custom fields will be live, so I don't foresee any ongoing issues, really.
In fact, the new custom fields will allow me to link to Document Manager instruction documents where appropriate, so they'll be an even bigger boon.

@DeadMeatGF

I wonder if the below post would be of any interest or help with the situation while this is being looked into.  It may however only really apply to the Timeline entry visible to the customer in the portals and not in the resolution email. 

In this case the it was mentioned that they didn't want the 'No Category Selected' on the Resolution Timeline entry displayed to the customer. 

Looking at that thread I may be able to "force" an append by using &[global["flowcode"]["resolution"]] although I assume that would require a Get Request Info node inserting into each branch of the PP, so on balance I feel that custom variables are a better workaround at present.

• 2 weeks later...

@DeadMeatGF @Dan Munns ... so, I've been asked to have a look at this thread so, just to close it off (I guess?!), current behavior for the resolve action in BP (the update status to resolve node does just this) is to set the resolution text to "The request has been resolved by the Business Process Engine". The exception is when the request already has a resolution text (possibly from being manually resolved with a custom resolution). In this case, the resolve action will use that resolution.

So, if you set up the status update (to resolve) node to have a custom manual timeline update, this will be exactly that, a timeline update... and the timeline update for the resolve action != resolution text.