Custom Button to Search Documents

Darren Rose

Hi

has anyone successfully been able to create a custom button on Incidents or Service Request forms that searches Document Manager using either the summary or description of the ticket? 

Thank in advance

regards

Darren 

Hi Darren,

Unfortunately we don't have the ability in document manager to perform full text searches against documents currently, the only form of searching available in document manager is via tags associated to documents.  As I think you would need full text searching to achieve a custom button which can search with details from the request I don't think it will be possible to achieve this.

Apologies

Trevor

• Like 1

Hi @Darren Rose,

I can inform you that we have a change request to implement search capabilities for document. Once this will be in place, we will be able to look at making the Custom Buttons to use the Request information to search documents.

I must say that using the request description will probably not work very well giving the fact that it can be very big. Request summary will be OK. But we can look at this when the Search is ready.

Will keep informing on this post when we have news.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

@Daniel Dekel has there been any further developments on the change to allow searching documents from custom buttons? When looking at organisations within the 'Customer Manager' I'd like to be able to add a custom button that searches my '3rd party contracts' library for documents with the same name for example.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to let you know the latest update of docmanager includes a free text search of document title and description, you'll be able to use this to create custom button searches for documents.
For example to add a search on the summary from the request page you would use the following URL
https://live.hornbill.com/INSTANCE/docmanager/documentsearch/[[h_summary]]

Hope this help

Thanks

Trevor H

• Like 1