Change owner on workspace

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi 

We are trying to a change an owner on a workspace, but each time you change it and save. It looks like it has done it but however when you refresh the page or go back in the owner on the workspace has not changed (see attached)

Sonali

Capture.PNG

Hi Sonali,

I've just tested and I'm not yet able to replicate the issue.  I've changed the Owner and clicked 'Save'.  When I returned to the workspace there was a possible refresh issue where it still had the previous owner, but a browser refresh then showed the new owner.  

I'll do some more tests and also see if anyone else has experienced this.

Regards,

James

Hi Sonali,

I think I've identified one possible cause of this issue, in the case when you try to change ownership of the workspace that contains members who have been deleted it seems the change of ownership fails and no error is reported, can you check your workspace membership to see if it contains any users you've deleted from the system.

Thanks

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening, following yesterdays inspiring Hornbill conference, I have taken away the real desire to make this collaboration tool work, however I am also getting the same issue trying to remove the current forums. It appears members have been deleted or removed and as such a couple of our forums will not delete, these are currently owned by LJBrown in our team.

I really want to delete the existing boards other than the 3C Shared Service board. I will then set new, better focused and relevant forums before I publish the new working method to our teams. Are you able to help?

Hi @cchalmers

That is great to hear that you found the Hornbill Insight Conference inspiring.  I have to say that the use of Hornbill Collaboration has transformed the way I work.  I'm not sure how I would cope if it was taken away from me.

When you say forums I'm assuming you are talking about the workspaces.  There are some known issues that are being looked at around changing a workspace when there are users that have been deleted prior to them being removed from a workspace.  For now, to help with the old workspaces that you would like to remove but unable to delete, you can log into Hornbill as an administrator and re-assign the workspace owner to yourself or an appropriate person, make the workspace secret or private and remove all of the members.  This will actually allow the owner to have access to the old content if it still serves a purpose but it would prevent anyone else from seeing or joining that workspace.

I would be more than happy to talk to you about my experience with using the workspaces, activities, conversations,  and other aspects of Hornbill that sit outside of the Service Manager app.  There is so much there and so many ways to use it.  

Regards,

James