Sub-Status update on customer portal update

Martyn Houghton

@James Ainsworth

I think I must have something not configured correctly as I am testing sub-statuses and putting an request on hold in the BPM, though it does not currently set a sub status, then updating it with a post on the customer portal, but the status does not change. 

In order for the automated sub-statuses change to apply does the request have to have a set sub-status already?

substatusupdate1.thumb.JPG.c50cfac0754b3f18569af384d0797e99.JPG

Service is configured as below.

substatusupdate2.JPG.0fb40b0559702d9aa4a85676338261e7.JPG

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Yes, there will be a need to have a sub-status selected where it currently says "Select Sub Status".  In order for the sub-status to be changed automatically when an update occurs from a customer or email, it will need to be set to one of the status where the on/off switch is set to 'on'.  In the above screenshot that would be "Off-Hold" or "Updated by Customer"

You are able to set the sub-status from the BPM.  You may find that you will want to apply a sub-status when your request is first created.

Looking again at your screenshot, I would think that you would want to have the "Awaiting Customer Response" on-hold sub-status turned to 'on' so that it automatically changes to "Updated by Customer" when an update takes place.  The "Updated by Customer" should be turned off.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth

It would be good to be able to separate out the different customer updates types and be able to set different sub-status, for example updated by customer portal, updated by email (manually form the mailbox) and updated by email (auto responder). The reason being is that ones updated on the customer portal and auto responder, we would want our 1st Tier to review to check whether the request needs to go back on hold, where as the one done manually from the mail box would already have had human intervention to determine if the status needs to be reset.

Cheers

Martyn