Viewing Closed calls

Rachel Crisp

As a 'User' in Hornbill I will need to view all closed calls but I can only see ones that I have closed or that a colleague in the same Team has closed.

When viewing the Request List I have selected 'All My Services' and 'Closed Calls' but I can't see calls closed by the analysts in other teams.

Is this possible please?

Thanks

Rach

@Rachel Crisp request visibility is restricted to teams and services that a user is configured for (i.e. user member of teams supporting the service and/or user subscribed to a service). Also a user can access/view requests where he/she is a customer on the request. This visibility restriction has been introduced for security and confidentiality reasons across teams and departments in an organisation.

However there is a way to allow a user unlimited access to all requests by granting the user "Service Desk Admin" role via Hornbill Admin tool.

@Rachel Crisp based on this:

1 hour ago, Rachel Crisp said:

When viewing the Request List I have selected 'All My Services' and 'Closed Calls'

Since you don't see/have access to closed calls in default request list views, I assume this "Closed Calls" is a custom view... In a custom view, if there is no service criteria, Service Manager will apply the same "subscription" criteria I mentioned above (which applies to default views such as "My Teams" or "My Services"). So, besides the role I mentioned you also need to specify which services the custom view should display... If you need to see ALL closed calls then you need to put ALL services in the service criteria...

Capture.PNG

EDIT: @Ralf Peters beat me to it :) 

• Like 1

Didn't realise you could do this - thank you!!

I can now see lots of closed calls, but still not the one I am looking for.  I am testing and I know I have put a call on the portal this morning, that has been closed but I can't find it. Are there any log files I can check to see what has gone wrong?

Thanks

SR00000230

I have found it now by creating a view for AllCalls (every Status and every Team).

I'm confused though because when I just found it, the call has a Status of Closed so it should show in the first view I created earlier??

I'm concerned because we are hoping to Go Live next week and at this stage I don't need confusion ha ha.

@Rachel Crisp hmmm...apologies, the same logic applies to Team criteria (same logic for Service)... As previously mentioned, request visibility is determined by Team and Service (via subscription). A custom view that does not have specified on or both of these criteria will apply teh default logic, which is to filter out requests you should not normally have access to...

So, to view ALL closed requests you need to following criteria in the custom view:

• Service: add all services;
  • Team: add all teams (you should be able to select all teams supporting all services).

Apologies, although I did mention the team/service visibility logic, I forgot about the Team aspect in custom views... :( 

• Like 1

Hi @Victor

Is there a quick way to add "all services" and "all teams".

We have quick a large number (particularly teams), be great to not have to add them individually.

Nasim

@nasimg not that I'm aware, I'm afraid... :( I did thought of the exact same thing yesterday that it might be a bit of a chore if an instance has a high number of services and/or teams... 

Would be worth suggesting as a future functionality... maybe a temp solution would be to create a "dummy" service and a "dummy" team... and in the filter criteria, instead of having service = a, service = b, etc... have service not equal "dummy" ... same logic for team...

In my limited testing I found adding the "Services is not x" helped, but the Team didn't seem to affect the view (I was specially look at tickets I'm not a part of the team).

Nasim