BPM says it's looking for a parallel processing node...which isn't there!

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

I'm trying to activate a BPM, but every time I try I'm getting an error saying that there is a problem with a particular stage, so the activation fails.

If I save the BPM, then try to activate it from the 'list' menu, I get the error saying that there is an 'unreachable node detected. Stage 'logging', node: "Start Parallel Processing" then a branch code.

I don't have any parallel processing in this particular BPM  so I'm not sure what's happened. Unfortunately, it now means that I can't activate it and I have calls waiting to be logged..

any ideas please?

thanks

LoggingError.PNG

@Paul Alexander something really odd happened with this one... not sure how it got corrupted... did you copy anything, any nodes, from VINCI Leavers Process? (it seems like the whole Leaver Tasks group got copied into this one...)

Anyway, since you need it ASAP, I have fixed it and the valid process is available under: "VINCI Contractor Moving/Leaving Process (Hornbill)" BP. You can remove the bad/corrupted one(s) - I have a copy - and rename this one to suit your needs...

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

That's exactly what I was trying to do.....but the 'paste' option didn't work after I'd copied the nodes. I didn't get an error message or anything, but I then couldn't activate the BPM.

I need to try this again this morning to see if it will work!

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

@Victor

yes thanks, it's working now. I THINK what may have happened was I was trying to copy a 'grouped' set of nodes. Yesterday I tried copying JUST the group (by selecting the group header) but that didn't work.

Today, I did the same, but I selected all the individual nodes within the group, and copied and pasted that, and it does seem to have worked.

Don't know if that helps?

@Paul Alexander yes it helps... I thought the same, that is something to do with copying the group...I think it worked, in the way that it was copied but it was not visible...something like this...the problem is that if this happens the BP becomes corrupted and it can only be fixed by manually removing the group from the BP definition...something not very user friendly...