Parent call failing after auto-logging a child call

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

We have a BPM which is set to log a separate call if required (this is used to log a separate 'new hardware' request if a new starter request has been logged stating that the new starter will need new hardware)

The parent call is the 'new starter' call which runs perfectly well if the 'new hardware' node is not needed.

If the 'new hardware' node IS required, a new call is logged successfully with no problems, however the Parent (new starter) call fails at this point, and I can't figure out why.

Looking through the logs I get this error at the point of failure:

Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests/bpmOperation:logRequestServiceRequest] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/logRequestServiceRequest): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: logServiceRequest; nodeId: b26bfb32-e86f-4f0c-b808-711a50523b66; At 531/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/ServiceRequests:logServiceRequest] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/ServiceRequests/fc_ops/logServiceRequest): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: logRequest; nodeId: 8b0730bb-35ac-4401-a122-0c4fc41cd55e; At 439/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests:logRequest] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/logRequest): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: smNotification; nodeId: c8822433-aab1-478d-9282-b6a7b115559d; At 1043/1: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'activityId' of undefined" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_c8822433_aab1_478d_9282_b6a7b115559d" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_8b0730bb_35ac_4401_a122_0c4fc41cd55e" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_b26bfb32_e86f_4f0c_b808_711a50523b66

Does anyone have any idea what's happening please? 

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Victor

Is this an 'ongoing' issue or something which should be sorted fairly quickly?  (I just need to know whether to change my BPM or not...)

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

Is this defect something new,or is it something I should have known about before I created the BPM please?

If it's an 'ongoing' issue, is there somewhere I can see a list of issues please? The reason is, I don't know whether I need to change this BPM to NOT log a separate call and change the way things are done, or if I can wait and hope that it's fixed soon while I keep an eye out for failed calls and relog them manually.

Hope that makes sense...

thanks

@Paul Alexander defect was always there since the "Log Request" BP node was introduced... as far as I know it will be fixed in the next update. To give a brief overview why this is happening, the log request process fails when trying to send an assign notification to request owner (either the user owner or the users in the assigned team) because it can't find the ID for the request timeline which is needed to insert the "request assigned" timeline update...

Thinking on how to overcome this for the time being, I looked at the log request flowcode and I think we can bypass the error (the faulty bit of code) if the child request is logged without a team and owner from the parent request... then once the child request is logged, have the BP in the child request do the request assignment...