Character Limits - no error message

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

It's taken me a while, but we've had a few calls logged which fail because the users have added too many characters in a field (or that's definitely what it looks like). Although they don't get an error message, and the call appears to log correctly, any BPM which then needs to get data from the custom fields fails.

Looking at the database, these calls have NO data in ANY of the custom fields if any one of the fields is incorrect, and the only indication that something isn't right is when the BPM fails. 

I have a couple of questions:

• What is the character limit in these custom fields
  • Is there some sort of global setting which can be used to alert people that they are trying to enter too many characters in a field (I don't really want to have to add some sort of validation to every Progressive Capture field)
  • Is there a way of stopping the call being logged if this happens again?

thanks!

@Paul Alexander 

37 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

What is the character limit in these custom fields

Custom fields are limited to 255 characters.

37 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

Is there some sort of global setting which can be used to alert people that they are trying to enter too many characters in a field (I don't really want to have to add some sort of validation to every Progressive Capture field)

No global settings, so unfortunately you would have to limit the input using a REGEX function for these fields in ProCap. This ^(.|[\r\n]){0,255}$ or ^[\S\s]{0,255}$ should work.

40 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

Is there a way of stopping the call being logged if this happens again?

Not that I am aware of... :(