Assets - How do I add / amend values to General Asset Information

Guest pproot

Guest pproot

Hi,

I want to add / amend some of the general asset information attributes but am unable to work out how to do this. As an example, there is an attribute of 'Operational State' which has a drop down with options of 'Operational'. 'Pre-Production' and 'Retired'; I want to add some new values here such as 'Storage'. How to I do this please?

Thank you

Hi @pproot

thank you for your post. 
The property Operational State is not among the properties that you can set custom values. The 3 values 'Operational'. 'Pre-Production' and 'Retired' are the only ones available. 

At the moment, only the asset Substate and the list of Vendor/Product/Version (for assets of class 'software') can be defined by the user.

I will check if there is any change scheduled for making these properites user-defined and get back to you

Regards,

Armando

Guest pproot

Thanks for the response; that is disappointing news as we are used to having many different statuses in Supportworks so if there is anything scheduled in the near future to address this is would be good to know.

Hi @pproot

In Supportworks there were the CMDB statuses which are equivalent to the Operational Status in Service Manager.  In both products these can't be changed.  Supportworks did have a way of mapping custom statuses to the CMDB operational statuses to give you some flexibility.  In Service Manager we use the substatus as a way that you can define your personal statuses.  If the Operational Status does not provide any value, you can hide this from your Asset Types and just show the Substatus field

I hope that helps,

Regards,

James