BPM - New Empty Group....what is it?!

Guest Paul Alexander

@Paul Alexander is used to group nodes...for example if you have a sequence you use multiple times throughout your process you can put this sequence of nodes in a group. Then you can copy/cut it and it will do this for all the nodes contained within... 

Also is useful when you want to have complex BPs more "readable"...

Hi @Paul Alexander,

The groups have been very useful to us.

An example in my case - we have a New Starter Requests

In this process we have a stage where everything happens from Installing Applications / Building Laptops and Phones etc. all within a Parallel Process.

Before the group node came along this stage in the BPM was HUGE, and very messy. When this new feature I was able to group Application specific nodes, Desktop specific nodes, New Starter Specific nodes into Individual groups which made managing the BPM more manageable.

Hope this gives you some ideas as well as @Victor's post.

Thanks,

Samuel

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor and @samwoo

thanks both for the info....now that I've messed about with it a bit I can see that it's going to be very useful! We have a few 'bloated' Processes which look a real mess on the page, but this function will really tidy things up for us. 

thanks again.....I'll go do some tidying I think!

Hi @Paul Alexander,

No problem at all :)

Yes if you click on the Group Node, then click on the cog icon at the top right side of the stage you should be able to edit the group node.

Cheers,

Samuel

Guest Paul Alexander

@samwoo

thanks again.....I don't get a cog icon, but if I double click one of the items IN the group node, to get to the properties of that node, THEN click the group I can rename it. Not sure if that's a browser problem or whatever, but at least I can now get on with things.

cheers again