Details item variable

SJEaton

Hi

How do you pull in an item in the details of a request into an auto-email?  I have a details field called Start Date that is populated part way through a workflow and then I want to pull it into some auto-emails so wondering how you do this?

Thanks Sam

@SJEaton as far as I know this won't use the custom fields in the requests table, but the custom fields in the extended table (don't quote me on this, I am not 100% sure :)

So if "Start Date" is mapped to relatedEntityData.record.h_custom_a then in the email template use this variable:

Ext_Info_Var.PNG

Like I said I am not fully certain it works but give it a try...

• Like 1

Hi @Victor

OK so I've created 2 extra details fields in my I Want to Recruit Service called Start Date and Employee Number but only Start Date shows up in the Extra Details list.   Any idea why?   This is how they have been set up and a screen shot of what I can see in the details in a request.

Sam

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Right, I got over the issue of it not showing but now what it's doing is populating itself with H_custom_b field info from the PG.  When I then enter the Employee Number in the field it pulls through this number in the variables in my email despite me saying to put H_custom_b in one field and Extended Information custom 2 in the other field - see email I received below and my email template.

Thanks, Sam

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

@SJEaton I had a birt more thorough look into this also ran a few tests. I think I might have provided some unclear or misleading information...apologies :(

First, forget about "Extended Information" variables, they don't work how I thought/expected... actually I am not sure at this point what/why are those used for... but this is something separate.

• So, if you create a custom field in request details it will use a custom field in requests table (custom_a, custom_b, etc.).
  • If you have a custom form in progressive capture and a field in the form mapped to an "h_custom" field, it will use the custom fields in the requests table.

So basically they overlap, and is intended behavior.

To come back to your specific example: Employee Number, Job Title and Start Date will all have to be mapped the their own custom field.