Custom Role - database rights not saving

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi

There appears to be an issue with the database rights - they are disappearing .

I have copied an existing role. The entries within the database rights come across as part of the copying process. I then amended some of the roles under application rights. Went to test the new role and it didn't work. Went back into the role information and realized that all the information (all the ticked boxed) with the database rights has been deselected (none of the boxes are ticked anymore - they have disappeared).

This is not the first time I have notice this. 

Please can you help me

Sonali

Hi Sonali,

thanks for your post.

This may be due to some misleading behaviour in the UI. I know in the past when I've been creating custom roles it has been necessary for me to save my database rights at the end of every page.
For example, if I work through the tables and make selections on pages 1, 2, and 3, then click save, only the selections I made on page 3 will actually be saved.

Does this sound like what you are experiencing?
Dan

Guest pproot

No this is not the issue described on the forum. I save every time after adding a role/permission. When adding a role/permission - it is not being reflected within the database rights/table

Hi Paul,

thanks for joining the discussion.

if the expectation is the database rights are set when a system/application right is added, this is not how it currently works. At the moment, the adding of database rights and system/application rights are separate exercises.
Hopefully in the future there will be some connection between them which will make it easier for us to create custom roles, however at the moment this is what makes creating a custom role such an advanced task.
Hopefully a developer with a more in depth understanding of whats possible will be able to confirm what we may see in this area.

Dan