Priorities and New Service Levels in Portals

Related to the display of the new Service Levels in the Request List, there also needs to be the ability to display currently assigned Service Level on the portal request list and the request itself when opened.

Similarly for those still using the original priority SLA implementation this should also be visible.

As people apply there SLA differently it would be best that this was configurable in some ways, as for example for service we have moved to the Service Level Management method the priority is only used initially to set Service Level based on the rules. When the Service Level is changed the priority value is out of date and is no longer applicable, so for these services we would only want to show the Service Level not the priority.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

We already have a system setting that allows the target "Resolve By" date to be visible on the portals. 

You can find this setting in the Service Manager Application settings, and the setting is called:
guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.showResolveByDate

Screenshot_30.png

This will present the "Resolve By" date when a customer is looking at their request:

Screenshot_31.png

We don't currently have the equivalent setting for Response Targets but this is in the pipeline.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Bob

@Bob Dickinson

Thanks for the info on the display of the Resolve By setting. What our customers are asking for is the Service Level/Priority to be visible on the request screen and also in the request list. In particular for the latter so that they can sort them by Service Level/Priority.

We are trying to encourage our customer to use the portal to manage there requests with us via the customer portal, rather than having to response manually to them for reports of outstanding issues in Service Level/Priority order, which is labour intensive. We want to them to self serve as much as possible.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

Thanks for the clarification, and I'm sorry I may have misunderstood your original post. 

Right now, we don't have the ability to display any additional columns in the "Portal Request List". However, I have raised this internally and it does seem completely valid that you may want to display this information (optionally), so we are going to look into this further as a potential new feature. This would hopefully take the forum of options not just to display the Priority and Service Level, but a number of columns, including the existing ones, that you could choose to display or hide. 

As with any new feature request, it will go through the standard process, prioritisation and review, but we will be sure to update you with any progress here on the post. 

Kind Regards

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

@Bob Dickinson

This ability to display the priority/service level and whether it is in or out of target on the portal is becoming a quite an a common requirement. It has already come up twice this week in the tender responses we are making for new business.

Just wondering if it has progressed in terms of the new feature request process?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

This requirement is still awaiting review and then prioritisation, so I don't have an update to provide you at this point in time. However, I have noted your comments and will make sure you are informed as this progresses. 

Kind Regards

Bob

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...