Sub-Status - On Customer Response

@James Ainsworth We make use of the h_custom_a field to distinguish one of two OpCo's. Having this field in the view would make my life so much easier for reporting and would provide the drill down capability that is so lacking in other reporting. 

@James Ainsworth

In terms of the extension to include a setting to trigger the status change when an email update is applied in the mailbox (below), has that been deployed in Live or is in a future build?

On 2017-5-22 at 8:40 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Martyn Houghton

I just wanted to let you know that we have now also included an option to allow for the automatic changing of a sub-status when a request is manually updated by an email.  There will be an extra setting that can be enabled for anyone that wants to include this.  

Regards,

James 

Cheers

Martyn

@James Ainsworth I think I have found another issue with the sub status (though this could just be the way I have set them up). 

I created a global "In Process" active sub status as well as a "Waiting Customer" on-hold status.

I have the "Waiting Customer" status set to auto update but not the "In Process" status. 

Now, my problem. When we resolve the request the sub status still shows as "In Process" What do I need to do to remove this sub status when setting to resolved?

Thanks

Keith

Hi @Keith

We have the ability to manually set a sub-status when a request is in a resolved state as some desks will still have a number of tasks or possibly despite providing a resolution, they are waiting for a customer to confirm that the resolution has worked.  Once closed, the option for the sub-status is removed.

When waiting for a customer to confirm the resolution, the sub-state could again be set to "Waiting Customer".  Or if there is still process work to be done as part of a resolution stage of a request it could still be considered "In Process" until it comes time to actually close the request.  You may find that the two stage closure doesn't suit all of your requests and the resolution stage could go straight to closed, which would then remove the sub-status option.  

You are able to use the BPM to update the sub-status of a request when it reaches a certain point in the process.  If you have a "Resolution" stage you could look to have a sub-status that fits this stage of the request.

Let me now if this helps.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth I have noticed another issue surrounding the sub status. 

When a request is updated via email we receive a notification to advise the request has been updated by email. This includes text describing the last update. 

The problem is that due to timing, the last update is the sub-status change and not the response from the email. Is there anything you can do to rectify this?

Regards

Keith

• 1 month later...

Hi @Keith

I've just been investigating the last issue you mentioned around the sub-status change text overwriting the email content in the notifications.  I've added a fix for this problem so that in future the received email content should be maintained in the notification emails.  This fix should be going into a build planned for today, so all being well with testing it should be out to you within the next 2 weeks.

Regards,

Dave.