Customised Form filtering

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

I've just started adding some 'general' assets to the Asset Manager. We're adding a 'building site' as a type of general asset, and we also have computer systems and mobile devices etc.  I'd like for these assets to be added to a call through a Progressive Capture, which I can do by using the 'Asset Details' form, which is fine.

However, I'd like for people to know that I want them to select their BUILDING SITE asset for a particular question, rather than, say, their Laptop. Is there a way of changing the Asset Details form to just select items of a type 'Site'? Or am I missing something obvious?! 

thanks

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Thank you for your post.

There is no option available within "Asset Details" Progressive Capture form to only show Assets for a particular Site. Would you consider taking the following approach?

I have a Site called "Hornbill Office" which is associated to a Company called "Hornbill".

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 14.20.10.png

I am a member of this Company.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 14.23.30.png

This Site is selected against "My Profile" (Admin Tool > System > Organisation Data > Users > [Click on User Id] > Location section).

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 14.31.43.png

While raising a Request as myself, I can see "Sites Assets" as well as "Company's Assets" options through the Progressive Capture form.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 14.31.13.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Ehsan

Thanks for the reply....but that approach isn't going to work for us unfortunately. 

The reason is, we are a building company and, rather than set up each Building Site as a 'site' within the Organisational Structure, and then associate people with that site (due to the fact that people can be working on more than one site at a time, and also because Building Sites can last for anywhere between 3 months and 10 years so there's no guarantee of anything 'permanent') we are looking to set the site up as an individual asset which we can then associate network equipment etc to. 

Also, we can then log calls and associate that call to a Building Site, and we can link other assets (such as network devices etc) to that building site.

With this in mind, we're setting up each Building Site as an asset, with a type of 'Site'. What we were hoping to do was to be able to filter the Get Asset form to ONLY show anything with a type of 'Site' (apologies if you already understood this from my first post...just thought I'd be sure ;))

thanks