PC Question answer not appearing after creating a ticket

samwoo

Hello,

We have a New Starter Request that needed changing a few weeks ago. I had to add another field asking the user's for the New Starter's Manager's name.

I've started to notice that the the answers to this question are not appearing at all. My colleague said that nothing has changed since I added in the additional field, so they assumed that I haven't added it in... when in fact I did.

Here is proof of the question in a custom form on the PC:
591ad462be485_NewStarterQuestions.thumb.png.eca1c4db587319152a74ab4ab0ebb0f1.png

Here is proof that the field is mandatory, there are no spaces in the field ID:
591ad451e7013_NewStarterQuestions4.png.2f8e6617dcc066150696603646eb4cf2.png

Here is proof that the question is visible when filling out the form:
591ad45d7f9a0_NewStarterQuestions2.thumb.png.884f133dcb02a3c1724096de563b1e5d.png

Here is proof that it hasn't appeared in the question answers... (as well as proof that it has affected the question number):
591ad4561c31f_NewStarterQuestions3.thumb.png.e49b54f88cd7544d39b858db448c8823.png

Can someone assist?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi,

I'm sorry for posting the above, I have identified the problem.

The manager's name field and contact detail field have the same field name (fld_manager).

I thought there was Validation on the field names in Hornbill PC's, unless I'm mistaking it for something else in the system?

Sorry!

Samuel

Hi Sam, @samwoo

Thank you for your post!
We are looking into this issue and I will get back to you once I able to replicate it on my dev instance.

Thanks,
Riz

Hi @riz,

The issue is resolved, unless you are replicating the issue with the field names not having any validation?

Thanks for replying,

Samuel

Hi Sam, @samwoo

It seems working on my instance with first attempt, I had no issue with populating fields without validation,
glad to hear that issue resolved for you :) 

Thanks,
Riz

Hi @riz,

Thanks for that. Can you confirm whether having no field validation is by design or due to limitation? (ie. the custom forms have no way of identifying multiple custom fields have the same field name such as in my example being fld_manager).

Could I request to have this as a feature going forward? This would save a lot of looking around trying to identify what's wrong with the Progressive Capture Custom Forms by preventing us Saving and/or Activating the PC when it detects duplicate field names being used under a single custom form.

Cheers,

Samuel

Hi Sam, @samwoo

We are looking to prevent duplicate field id to use per customer form, I will get back to you when we will come up with solution/fix :)

Thanks!
Riz

Hi Sam @samwoo

We have included the duplicate filed validation for custom form and fix will be available in our next admin build.

Thanks!
Riz

Hi @riz,

Awesome, cheers for that. I will look out for the next Admin Build.

Thanks,

Samuel

ps. Why is there no Giphy support on the forums? I wanted to show my appreciation :o

16 hours ago, riz said:

Hi Sam, @samwoo

Currently we do not have Giphy feature on our forum, love to use if we have it :) 

Riz

Hi @riz,

One can dream :D

Is there anyway I can request this feature?

Thanks,

Samuel