Service List Default View

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Is there a way of changing the default view of the service list when selecting a service when logging a call (shown in attached image)?

If not is there a way to hide certain services from both portal and service desk views?

I have a number of email logging services which show up when the analysts are logging calls, the only way to hide them that I can find is by only showing our IT Services service as the email alerts are set up on a different service. This would be fine but I cant find a way to set the default view to exclude the email service.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Thanks

Dan

Untitled1.png

Hi Dan, 

Yes, that makes sense.  I have seen something similar where someone asked to make Request Catalog Items hidden from both the portal and service desk views for automated email alerts.

The progressive capture Services list has two possible filters.  

1.) When a customer has been selected it will show all of the Services that the customer is subscribed to, including services that are not supported by the Support Person raising the request.  You can make sure that the Email Services are not set to be available to All users in the Subscription option within the Service form.  You could create a basic user which is used to for the email alerts and subscribe this one user to these email services. However, when raising request types that don't require a customer, this may not help.

2.) Limit the list to only show the services that the Support Person supports. This is accomplished by enabling the following Service Manager setting:

servicemanager.progressiveCapture.servicedetails.enableSupportVisibility

You can then make sure that the emails services are not set to be supported by all teams and only to the specific teams that will be managing these.  The limitation here is if you need all of your teams to support these email services, this won't work.

Let me know if these help.  If not we can look to see what else we can do.

Regards,

James  

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thanks for those options. The email alerts are logged from Solarwinds and other automated monitoring tools (SQL jobs, Link availability etc) and don't require a customer to be logged against the ticket.

Some of the tickets raised will need input from multiple teams (usually one of our 3 dev teams and infrastructure if not service desk) and so the second option wouldn't help much I am afraid.

Would it be possible to raise a change for a toggle option to be added to the services (as there is for the portal) to enable/disable the services shown in the service desk views?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

I can look to raise a change proposal for this.  For now, if you create a basic user called "Solarwinds'' and have this user as the only subscribed user to the email services, this will prevent the Email Services from showing in Progressive Capture in cases where you are raising other requests for customers. 

Regards,

James