Urgent: Cannot un-hold a call with a sub status

samwoo

Hi,

I have added a sub-status in the last 10 minutes to the Global on-hold status titled  "Awaiting response".

My colleague set the call on hold a little while ago and couldn't un-hold it when he needed to just now. He then assumed it was an issue with the sub status that I created so he set this value to Awaiting Response... and still cannot un-hold the call.

I have just upgraded to the newest version of the Service Manager and it still hasn't fixed the issue.

Please assist.

Samuel

@samwoo we'll have a look ... if this is an urgent issue as you suggested, since your organisation is subscribed to Premier Success plan, you can also raise an incident with our support team via our support request form (https://www.hornbill.com/support/?request/). As you can imagine, incidents raised with support team gets in our attention much quicker than a forum post...

7 minutes ago, Victor said:

@samwoo we'll have a look ... if this is an urgent issue as you suggested, since your organisation is subscribed to Premier Success plan, you can also raise an incident with our support team via our support request form (https://www.hornbill.com/support/?request/). As you can imagine, incidents raised with support team gets in our attention much quicker than a forum post...

@Victor - was just about to log it when I saw your response, then followed by Steven's

@Steven Boardman - thanks for responding this has resolved the issue. I wouldn't have expected to have required an active sub-status in order to come out of an on-hold sub-status... and thinking about it.... it does make sense.

Thanks guys for the prompt response.

Samuel

@Steven Boardman

I am just about to implement the use of sub-status's as well, so is it a requirement then that once you start having a sub-status, all your original parent status has to have at least one sub status?

Also when putting a request on hold via a BPM i.e. the 'Place on Hold' option under Update Request, there is not the option to select a sub status.

Cheers

Martyn

@Steven Boardman

After re-reading the wiki on Sub Status, I think I have answered my question, but I think there is a typo in the wiki "When creating your sub-statuses it is important that at least on Active sub-status exists to allow you to move from an On-hold state to an Active state." where "...at least on Active sub-status...." should read "...at least one Active sub-status....".

Cheers

Martyn